Sunday 30 June 2013

Get out those pitch forks...it is time to get mad! Maybe even emotional.


When is it worth getting mad? Is it worth it when you are playing a video game and things don't go your way? Or when you are in traffic and someone cuts you off? How about when you and your child are at a playground and another little kid pushes yours because they wanted to go down the slide first? Are those good times to be mad? How about emotional? When is that ever a good time? Perhaps when you are trying to download something on the internet and the stupid thing takes forever. Or when you are trying to read a book but no one around will give you peace and quiet.
I am not an angry person by nature. In fact I am always smiling, strange I know. I don't get stressed out too easily, nor do I get mad quickly. Having said that I have been pushed to my limits. I have been pulled into an emotional mud slide and I don't know how to get out of the way. I have a hard time expressing my emotions, especially when it is about that time of the month. (Yes I know TMI and how stereotypical!)
 Emotions are tricky, and often uncomfortable. Talking about how you feel is also hard. Sometimes it feels better to have your skin peeled off in chunks with a dull knife then talking about how you feel. There are times where anything that has to do with emotions can be avoided but then there are other times when they can not. For instance while visiting a family member I became enraged! I am one of those people who swallows most of their anger, only to scream about it in the car while singing to an angry song later. I don't like being lied to nor do I like disrespect. I especially don't like it when someone treats you as though you are stupid.
Coming back to the reason of my seeing red and becoming an emotional blubbering sissy.
While watching a jackass emerge from the bedroom of a teenage girl's room I saw red. Immediately I went into territorial mode. I administered massive destruction with a fleet of assault f-bombs. I was so wound up that I had to release my excessive aggravation by consulting Tracy Anderson. That girl puts the hurt in my body the way I imagine the government had at Guantanamo Bay.
I just don't understand the selfishness or the "I don't have any self respect attitude." What is wrong with the youth today? And is it worth getting emotional and mad about? 
The other thing I don't understand is why this person or persons hasn't been faced with any consequences for their actions. If this had been an issue where the police had been called fines would have to be paid, time might have been served. Either way there would have been some kind of consequences. Are we now teaching those younger then us that our actions will not have any consequences? Can we do what ever we want and not worry about anything coming back to haunt us?
This I think is when getting mad and emotional is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment