Tuesday 4 June 2013

A post about nothing in particular





Have you ever had one of those dreams where you don't want to wake up. You find yourself so happy, and everything seems so real that you never want to wake up. Well, last night I had one of those dreams. I was on my way to France just for a stop before I headed off to Oxford. I know my idea places to spend the rest of my days are far from the norm. I'd rather spend my time cozy by the fire reading a book while snowing or raining outside then being on a beach getting toasted. I am not a beach girl by any means! Sandals, shorts, sunscreen are all not my thing!
So when I woke up this morning to a hot room, my nose plugged up and my blankets ripped from my body pooled around my feet, imagine my sadness! Recently I had to move to a place that shouldn't be mention but just know this is a place where I'd rather have my skin pulled off slowly with a pair of rusty tweezers then be. Now that I have painted that picture you may scream here.
I'll wait.


click here for link to this picture




Ok, now that is out of the way on goes the continuing saga. Last night, or rather today for those who still read physical books, a book I pre-ordered in August was released. Oh it started off so good, like a great kiss under the stars with fireworks bursting in the background. I love the series, the author, EVERYTHING! I had planned on reading it all day just so I'd feel better and not so sad about my dream not really happening. My kindle on the other hand had other plans. You see in the midst of my excitement over the release of this book I had some how forgotten to charge my kindle. I was knee deep into the eleventh chapter when suddenly everything went dark, and I wasn't able to turn it on. My kindle made this horrific noise then flashed an image of an angry red battery with a lightening bolt running through it. I wanted to scream!
After plugging in my kindle I was asked by the husband to please find our product key to Word 2010. I have no idea where it is, so I called Microsoft and they could do nothing for me. I could however purchase a new code or upgrade! (eyes rolling)
Tired of feeling like I haven't accomplished anything,  I decided to cook.
How very domestic of me...lol Now, back to writing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment