Sunday 18 May 2014

You're such a.....(Fill in the blank)

Have you ever had someone at work who you just couldn't please? 
No matter how many I's you dot or T's you cross, you just can't seem to get anything right! I mean you can write a simple email, write a simple letter-that is mind you already drafted all you do is change the names-yet you can not get it right? The person who you can't please just doesn't like anything you produce! Do you know how frustrating that is? Do you know how belittling it feels? 
I don't understand even when I draft an email using the same dialogue he approved or wrote on previous emails, yet I still can not seem to get anything right.
I am now at the point where I don't even put any effort into what I do, why should I? After all it is just going to be wrong? 
So how to handle to this? 
Other than crying my eyes out I am not sure what can be done. I have worked with some difficult people in my day but NOTHING like this. There is just no pleasing this person. What is worse is he shouldn't even be there anymore! I am suppose to be taking his place, and it has been almost three months. 
All I want to do is to do my job well. I want to be good at what I do. I am tired of "getting" things wrong. I am sick of being told how much of a disappointment I am.  Especially, when I am not doing anything wrong! I know how to write a damn letter! I know how to ask for information, there is no need to call the person I just spoke with right back to see if I am wrong! 
All this has caused me so much stress and it makes me wonder just how stupid I really am. I try to do things to make myself feel better such as: "Buck up girl you got a B in Statistics". 
I just don't know what to do aside from blowing my lid! 
I am so close to screaming at him that if I don't do it now I might implode! 
I'd love to hear if anyone has any ideas how to handle this, or even other work nightmare stores! 
Until then..deep breath and Keep it Nerdy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment