Thursday 8 August 2013

The Law Library!!



Holy books Batman!!
I have never, ever, met a library I couldn't man handle! I love walking in to a library and just get familiar. I show up and just walk around while running my fingers along the shelves as though I'm seducing a lover. I whisper hello, in my head, to the books.I like everything about the library, from the smell to the crazy looking librarians and the strange people who enter.
I love sitting there just reading, and maybe writing a little.
However, today I have met a rough library. The law library! I have never been so over whelmed and frustrated in all my life. I know that today was just my first day so I shouldn't fret. That doesn't make me feel any better. I mean I should know how to read a damn book! When you look up something for a specific statue you have to start with an index, and from there the index leads you to the book you will  be able to find it in. I can not get passed the index! I wonder if it is because I don't really have an example for looking up but you would think it would be something you could easily figure out. I don't feel that way now!
I feel as though I need someone to hold my hand just to find the damn index. I also think the indexes are a waste of time, though I need to use them. I need to understand them and I must do so in a way that I will be good at what I do!
So tomorrow, I'll let you know how that goes. For now I just wanna cry! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment