Sunday 18 August 2013

And Baby Makes 9

Four weeks early but the baby is here! 
One in the morning on a Saturday I was disturbed from my deep slumber to the pounding on my bedroom door. I tired to ignore the frequent pounding in favor of my sleep. However, the knocking persisted. I was then awoken by my husband telling me his sister had been taken by the hospital and he would return. Of course now I could no longer sleep. So I did what anyone would do while waiting for news, I did the dishes my family members had so lovingly left me the night before. 
Around two my husband returned from his hospital visit, and added he was going back to bed. His sister had been admitted and being her coach, I decided to get dressed and head down there. Good thing I had because four long and nasty hours she had her baby. 
Shocked! That is what I was, this was her first baby! She only pushed for TEN MINUTES!!!! She had no epidural, there was no time. When it was all said and done, I was relived I had missed the gory details by focusing on the empty crib. Alas my relief had been short lived when I happened to have looked over and seen the placenta emerging out of my sister in law! Not something I recommend seeing! 
I still have not recovered my lack of sleep. She however has! She is the most unorganized and not so prepared person I have ever met and she is doing better then I am! And she just had a baby!!! 
So now I am dealing with the glow of the annoying "adult" parents who think they are living on cloud nine. None of them have to pay for this whole ordeal because the mother is covered under her father's insurance. I am saddened she had such a simple birth only because it makes me afraid she is going to think she can do this again!
I am also afraid she has made an even bigger mistake by not breaking up with her less then average boyfriend. I can only hope and pray she will come to her senses soon!!! 
I mean how do you let someone come back into your life who didn't show up for almost two weeks after cussing you out, and practically panicked like a little girl while you are giving birth to his baby! I can't stomach a lot of things and nor have I ever had a vaginal birth (C-section for life baby!!) but I was the one who took her to her Lamaze classes! I was the one who pushed for her prenatal care, and question the size of her stomach when I thought she looked to small, and so did her doctor. I was the one who washed all of her baby clothing and bottles because she was early and no one else was going to help. I was the one who took care of her for the last two months and yet I am not rewarded with the removal of her loser and alleged abusive boyfriend! I only ask for one thing and that is only because I am concerned about her future. I am not a busy body by all means, nor do I want to be apart of this stressful situation. Having said that I must let it be known this situation is like watching a child burn themselves. You just can't sit back and watch it happen!! 
To end this bittersweet post, and I say bittersweet because this is not a happy moment. This is the beginning of a nasty rocky road (teen mom). One that we will all be left picking up the pieces when this explodes and the only one who will suffer the most will be the sweet baby! 
The baby is fine, we are waiting to brink her home. Hopefully in a couple of days she will be brought here and we won't have to wait until she is 39 weeks! 
Until next time, WEAR CONDOMS!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment