Tuesday 13 August 2013

Eye of the Tiger Baby!!!





Before I begin I need to give a little update. I returned to the Law Library for more research and I handled that place like a boss! I walked in with a "I will conquer" attitude and boy did I conquer! Of course it helps that I was listening to the "Rocky" theme song! Ha! As I said in last week"s post I know how to use a library and why this was hard I have no idea. The one thing I did that made the whole process much easier was just think of the indexes as a card catalog. Once I did that things just fell into place. Now, I am more confident my job as a Paralegal will be more successful.  As Katy Perry recently said in her new song...."I got the eye of the tiger, the fire, dancing through the fire cause I am a champion and you're gonna hear me ROAR."


Now that I have my new theme song in place I feel as though I can conquer whatever plan I have in my mind. Sadly at my age this is harder and to harder to feel. Why is it that songs and encouragement only apply to the young? Then there is that grey period that I don't understand, I found myself on the outs of everything. If only Sex and the City were still on then I wouldn't feel as though nothing relates to me. For crying out loud the movies and books that are popular right now are teeny books!
How this turned into a rant from my awesome week I have no idea!

This week is also the last week of summer. Gearing up for the new school year has been one heck of a project. I have had an issue already with the school district. My child has been transferred three times, and the year hasn't even started yet. To make things so much better the district was placing him in a grade he had already completed. Why I have no idea, my only guess is they are just silly! (That was the nicest word I could up).
So, with me being the efficient busy body that I am I managed to get them to place him in a school and have transportation ready to go! Yay me! 

Though out this I have come to be proud of myself and this is how-I manged to get my relative to finally step up to his duties. It took a lot of pushing and demanding but I finally got his attention. So now he is going to be spending more time with our other relative who is pregnant and he is going to be taking her to her doctor appointments. I know you don't want to face certain situations as they are happening. Especially when they are uncomfortable or horrible or both, but you have to face them. This is something I am all too familiar with and I am hoping that soon my light at the end of the tunnel comes. 
So with that I have to say this is the first time in a long time I actually feel good about myself. I feel almost back to my old self. Working out might have done some work to my mental state. Working on my writing and working on my future has helped out a ton. The writer's block moment was annoying but I feel it is finally lifting. 
And of course I have been playing video games...like you didn't see that coming. I have also been gearing up to watch my favorite duo, Nick Frost and Simon Pegg in The World's End. And..wait for it....
the best part of this week I have......booked my trip for San Diego for....wait for it.....I am going to Comic Con 2014!!! Oh so excited!!! Now begs the question..To dress up or not? 
Until next time my friends..stay nerdy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment