Friday 17 May 2013

Phase one complete...





I woke up this morning with a sense of urgency. There was something I forgot to do, but what was it? I followed my normal routine by getting my son ready for school, making my husband coffee and then I sat down to a rerun of Doctor Who. Still I felt as though there was something I should be doing. I reached for my kindle and flipped through my newly downloaded book collection only to find that I had nothing new to read.
So I opened up my trusty laptop and pressed the on button. I watched it slowly come to life, then quickly jumped on the internet. From the homepage I went to my emails, deleted a lot, read some. Went to my blog, looked at other blogs, made a few comments. Posted a few things, and still I wasn't getting any closer to what I thought I should be doing.
Then at last I went to my statistic class website and discovered I am done. HA HA.. There were no more homework assignments for me to do. My French class ended yesterday as well. I already know I have passed that class with an A.
I still have one more French class to take along with some English classes but that is the fun stuff. Statistics isn't the exciting love part! In fact if I could have I would have skipped that damn class or taken something similar but alas I have completed it. So far I have a B in that class and come April I'll know what I have ended that class with.
So now the road for my bachelor's degree is looking less bumpy. After trying to figure out what it was that I would be good at and accepting that there was only once obvious choice, it looks as though my dreams are finally going to happen.
This feeling of accomplishing something is incredible. I feel as though there is nothing I really can not accomplish. For the first time in my entire life I feel the speech "You can do anything," is actually true. When I was little and my teachers in Texas used to give me the above speech, I thought they were supposed to say things like that.  Granted at that time I had said I wanted to be a movie star! Ha. I was working on that path, and I was well received. However, as I got older and my mother wouldn't take me on auditions, I realized my chances of getting into the movies wouldn't happen. I have been, in my opinion, a little over weight and I don't think I am that pretty. Needless to say once again my self doubt got the best of be. Even with the positive enforcement from teachers and peers, I just couldn't do it. 
I wish there was some kind of magic potion that could zap away all the negativity we feed ourselves on a daily basis. I get why we have challenges, I even understand the best things out of life come from a little sweat and hard work.
This brings me back to my revelation...
The thing I forgot to do this morning was remember was how lucky I am to finally be on the right path for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment