Tuesday 7 January 2014

2014......

2014


I never really look forward to the end of anything. I don't like change and I defiantly don't like when an adjustment has to be made. However, for the first time something short of a miracle has happened. I am excited about 2014. I am looking at this year with bright eyes and hope.
This is the year I will get a new job, finally move to the state and town that feels like home. I will finally belong somewhere. I will finally be able to try for that second baby that I have waited almost ten years to have. I will finally get the chance to finish my BA program. The best part is my husband is getting a fresh start. After his accident has new and exciting things he can focus on. He is going to be nervous about starting something new but I think this is going to be a good fit for him. Even if I have no idea what the heck database development is.
Last year we had been in escrow, our first house, but sadly my husband had been seriously injured on the job and we lost almost everything. Including the house that I really loved.  Life has been pretty much up and down ever since. We are planners and when things starting going downhill all of our plans went up in flames.
My heart broke for him and our family so many times. I tried to stay strong but I continually felt as though I was a failure. There was nothing I could do to make things right. The more I tried the worse things got.
This year we managed to spend Christmas in Europe and we actually had one of the best Christmas' in a really long time. We brought in the new year with new hope and a new outlook. I am starting to set small obtainable goals for myself to build my self-confidence. The start will be me branching out more and getting a job. From there we will be moving. I am excited and really looking forward to getting out California.
I never wanted to move here when I was little, and the only good that came from here is meeting and marrying my husband. I will not miss this place!!!
To better thing in the near future. To all of you out there who take the time to read my small blog, I hope the new year brings you nothing but happiness!

To end this I need to talk about the Christmas special of Doctor Who that I finally caught. I wasn't able to watch it in Germany!

I cried like a baby, even harder when I thought that Steve Moffat and Matt Smith had changed their minds and the Doctor wasn't going to change. Sadly he did! I am still unsure of this new Doctor but I have to say, this was the second episode that had me blubbering like a small baby! You will be missed Matt Smith, but I also look forward to the projects you will be a part of in the future! Until we meet again…..GERONIMO!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment